Friday, June 26, 2009

Claire & Lily's famous chocolate chip cookies....

2 sticks butter softened at room temp.

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla

3/4 c. brown sugar or molasses

3/4 c. white sugar or stevia or honey equivalent

2 c. whole wheat flour

1 c. white flour

3/4 tsp. baking soda

3/4 tsp. baking powder

3/4 tsp. cinnamon(gives them such a yummy flavor & it helps regulate blood sugar)

1/4 tsp. salt

3/4 pkg. chocolate chips (milk choc.)

1/2 to 3/4 c. chopped walnuts (I chop them very fine in the food processor)

Cream butter & sugar until soft. Add eggs & blend. Add vanilla. Cream until fluffy. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt & cinnamon until well mixed. Add slowly to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Bake at 350 for app. 10 minutes


*These are so good and pretty healthy. I let them have some for breakfast with a glass of milk since they have protein & carbs and they are somewhat healthy. That makes them so happy and they think Mama is the coolest!! I let them make them early in the morning (they take turns putting the ing. in the mixer & cracking the eggs) and then they scoop them out and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheets. It's always a hit to make cookies with Mama!! Starts our day off right!! =)

When I get pictures uploaded I will add a pic to this post. Hope ya'll are having a great summer!! I'm off of here until camp is over! Just wanted to post these because I have been meaning to for awhile. Just in case you wanted a good & healthy recipe that your kids will LOVE to make with you! =)

Love,
Julie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

margin-left: 20px;

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Yummy.

June 26, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

margin-left: 20px;